CyberTracker Change History
- Desktop: Map status display not working
- Client: Add EXP() and POW() to Element Formula control
- Client: Add Interval property to Element Number control
- Desktop: Uploading via MTP very slow if multiple Applications already installed
- Client: Auto height property for Panels.
- Client: Android should support extended characters.
- Desktop + Client: Android support.
- Desktop: Font scaling.
- Desktop: New screen sizes.
- Desktop: Installing Android APK to device.
- Desktop: Fixed new logo sizes.
- Client: Bring back support for older PocketPC devices.
- Client: Crash when editing is disabled.
- Desktop: DeviceId column in query table.
- Desktop: Signing of MSI and Windows Mobile CAB.
- Desktop: Support for High DPI desktop displays and font scaling.
- Desktop: Added new logo.
- Desktop: Support for Portable Media Device syncing.
- Desktop: New Element should associate the Element with the current category.
- Desktop: System font scaling should not change client font sizes.
- Client: Sighting ids should be combined with device ids to improve uniqueness.
- Desktop: Provide a way to turn off system fonts to get exact font sizing.
- Client: Ampersands not ignored when drawing text.
- Desktop: Database corruption can cause images to be unexportable.
- Client: Font rendering issue.
- Client: Memory leak using multiple fonts.
- Client: Camera doesn't always work on Juno devices at 5MP.
- Client: Kiosk mode doesn't work properly with camera.
- Client: Special fonts should be transferred to device.
- Client: Installing to Windows Mobile fails when application doesn't already exist.
- Client: Camera doesn't allways work on Juno devices.
- Client: Kiosk mode can be bypassed on some devices.
- Desktop: Upload applications and download data from Android devices. Testing only.
- Client: Memory leaks when using map cause application to crash.
- Desktop: Switch to desktop button on New Sightings dialog.
- Client: State not stored when pressing back on retain state.
- Client: Reset state key needs to be able to delay until save.
- Client: Produce error if saving to SD card fails.
- Client: Rework database to allow for large sighting counts.
- Desktop: Altitude sometimes not editable.
- Client: Crash when using title bar and big fonts.
- Client: Lost Options setting.
- Desktop: Improve robustness of saving.
- Client: Improve database size by ignoring default properties.
- Client: Minor changes to UTM co-ordinates.
- Desktop: Fix bad build.
- Desktop: Bulk edit-Add should allow statics and skip existing.
- Client: Support for UTM co-ordinates on GPS and sighting edit screens.
- Desktop: More memory efficient reader for CTX files.
- Desktop: Path calculations broken with recent change.
- Desktop: Range attributes for Element RangeFinder are not changeable.
- Desktop: Minor improvements to optimization.
- Desktop: Optimized save and load performance.
- Desktop: Selectable range attributes in bulk transect edit.
- Client: Range attributes for Element RangeFinder are not changeable.
- Client: Support for Windows Mobile 6.5.
- Desktop + Client: External databases should not require local versions for each computer.
- Client: Robustness improvements for serial communications.
- Desktop: Show hectares and acres for map view area calculations.
- Client: Compass should have NSEW text around it.
- Client: GPS control should have Heading style.
- Desktop: Efficiency graph only uses paths with sightings to compute total distance and time.
- Desktop: Paste sightings from Excel should use system date format.
- Client: Compass control.
- Client: Loops containing images and sounds are not cleared correctly.
- Desktop: Area computation and creation of shape files.
- Desktop: Pasting media doesn't save correctly.
- Client: Elements don't show up on Field Map.
- Desktop: Bad sighting created by Paste New sightings.
- Desktop: Crash when changing properties.
- Desktop: Palm doesn't show Goto point distance correctly.
- Client: SD card backup doesn't always work.
- Desktop: Reduce crashes when running out of system resources.
- Desktop: Tag output should be redirected when attribute result is Element.
- Desktop: Remove hard errors.
- Client: RangeFinder needs a Keep connected option to prevent long delays when working with serial devices.
- Desktop: Paths should be expanded in case they contain environment variables.
- Client: Element Serial data needs a Keep connected option to prevent long delays when working with serial devices.
- Desktop: Save of data CTX deletes data.
- Desktop: Using an ampersand in a file name makes New Sightings feature not work.
- Desktop: Using UNC transfer does not work with New Sightings feature.
- Client: Field Map can use Inspector selection to set current GPS position.
- Client: Some GPS devices do not work.
- Client: Crash when using Skip GPS.
- Client: Soft keyboard sometimes displays over screen.
- Desktop: History should be updated whenever a connection is made.
- Desktop: Aerial transect settings do not work properly.
- Desktop: Occasional runtime crash due to corrupt compiler settings.
- Client: Elements are visible on field map.
- Client: Map Inspector can set Goto target.
- Client: Element Serial control can parse input into Elements.
- Client: Element Serial control can send data to a device.
- Desktop: Aerial Survey transect calculations via Bulk Edit.
- Client: Number list fast tap should not work when check is not enabled.
- Client: Maximum Element Recorder button width too small.
- Desktop: Occasional hang when using the Element Serial control.
- Desktop: Pasting Elements with blank names causes crash.
- Desktop: Paste from Excel should work for Latitude and Longitude fields.
- Client: Element list doesn't add result to sighting.
- Desktop and Client: Elements can have Latitude and Longitude and set current Goto target.
- Client: More properties to control points on Field Map.
- Desktop: UseSD backup on desktop feature causes error messages for some kinds of removable drives.
- Desktop: UseSD backup feature doesn't clean up properly.
- Desktop: UseSD backup feature close button still asks for cancel.
- Desktop: UseSD backup on desktop feature causes error messages if no CyberTrackerData directory found.
- Desktop: Complete UseSD backup on desktop feature.
- Desktop: CS01 failed to upload applications.
- Client: Crash when using Field Map Inspector.
- Client: Crash when adding point data from map to sighting.
- Desktop: Non VE field maps do not have correct view.
- Desktop: SQL export does not export images correctly.
- Client: Windows Mobile 6.5 support.
- Client: CAB creation on client generates wrong checksum on CTX files.
- Client: CAB creation may corrupt image files.
- Client: Lists should clear prior data if no new selection is made.
- Desktop: Map datums not always respected.
- Desktop: Crash when writing to log file.
- Desktop: Elements should be shown in sorted order.
- Client: 2400 baud should be supported.
- Client: GPS time sync incorrect for some time zones.
- Desktop: Rework New sightings.
- Desktop and Client: Rework Field Map support.
- Desktop: History should not export deleted sightings.
- Desktop: Field map creation should be sized according to the view window.
- Client: Number lists with keypad cannot be edited.
- Desktop: Login prompt appears for databases without username and password.
- Client: Number list checks property for number lists.
- Client: Expose History and Map Inspectors as controls.
- Desktop: Add tools option to enable automatic downloading for per user installs.
- Desktop: Per user installation.
- Client: Crash when placing flag on Field Map.
- Desktop: Last segment length displayed when using measure.
- Client: RangeFinder control should use skip instead of jump.
- Desktop: Improve robustness of corrupt sighting handling.
- Client: Map Inspect.
- Desktop: Include path time in transect calculations.
- Client: RangeFinder control crashes when Next screen is set.
- Desktop: Perpendicular distance should not be added as near zero.
- Client: RangeFinder should not snap if Jump screen set and next is pressed.
- Desktop: Pasting filters should clear existing filter.
- Desktop: Perpendicular distance should not be added as near zero.
- Client: Sorted property of Element List should sort Aliases.
- Desktop: Simple history.
- Desktop: Outgoing files should be processed most recent first.
- Desktop: Perpendicular distance should not be added as zero.
- Client: Field map zoom should be 20% at a time.
- Client and Desktop: FTP download and upload should handle differences in FTP protocols.
- Client: SnapTime, SnapGPS and SnapLastGPS do not work correctly when editing existing sightings.
- Client: Com Port select control should allow default setting.
- Desktop: Staging files that fail to upload are moved to the Orphans folder.
- Desktop: Paste sightings should check for duplicate sightings.
- Desktop: Paste sightings should mark sightings as having been pasted.
- Transect: Sightings should be marked according to whether or not they will be in the transect.
- Client: Crash when using camera on Nautiz devices.
- Desktop: Paste new sightings from Excel.
- Desktop: Transect move points.
- Desktop: Virtual earth map location incorrectly detected.
- Client: Auto-next for Element RangeFinder should use Jump instead of Next.
- Client: Navigator back and next button controls should respond to Next and Back keypresses.
- Client: Keypad formula mode property for Element Lists using Number keypad list mode.
- Client: Keypad on formula mode presses = if needed before advancing.
- Client: Crash when using camera.
- Desktop: Improper date handling for non-US dates.
- Client: Purge COM port buffers on connect.
- Client: Multiple serial range finders cause asserts to fire.
- Client: Element List History sort mode.
- Client: Multiple serial devices cause crashes.
- Client: Sound recording should fail over to sample rate for slower devices like BT headsets.
- Desktop: Entering dates is broken for countries with day-month-year formats.
- Client: Element RangeFinder can set COM port and add an Element on success.
- Client: Element Keypad has a new property: Require set value.
- Client: Baud rate selection required for Com Port List control.
- Client: Element RangeFinder now as Next screen property.
- Client: Element serial does not respect Show port select button.
- Client: Show 20 serial ports on desktop.
- Client: Allow changing of serial port for GPS and RangeFinder.
- Desktop: Fails to download track points correctly. 3.226 voided.
- Client: GPS control should display zone corrected time.
- Client: Sound recorder should pick default recording device.
- Client: Field map track thickness should scale with the screen resolution.
- Desktop: Correct date and time external database output formats.
- Client: Improve display of field map pointer.
- Client: Action to break timer tracks.
- Client: Required property for Element Camera.
- Client: Sending of images and sounds from device is less memory intensive.
- Client: Sending of images and sounds from device now occurs.
- Desktop: Exception handling for command line database export.
- Desktop: Improved date and time handling for external database export.
- Client: History sorted property on Element List to move already selected items to the end of the list.
- Client: Support for MDL LaserAce RangeFinder.
- Desktop: Transect Bulk-Edit feature.
- Client: History mode for Element Lists to show items that have previously been selected.
- Desktop: Database export of image or sound will be exported as a blob field.
- Client: Port can be selected on the PDA for Serial data control.
- Client: Formula mode for Keypad control allows computation in the field.
- Client: Retain screen state while navigating through the application.
- Desktop: Increase robustness of handling of corrupt sightings.
- Client: Always show "Skip screen" on navigator.
- Desktop: Count per time in Frequency graph.
- Client: One line text controls allow new lines.
- Desktop: Bulk delete of elements from sightings.
- Desktop: Create new sightings from the desktop.
- Client: Performance optimization for Raindance control.
- Client: Alias override for Element List control.
- Desktop: Pick up bug fixes from latest version of UI components.
- Client: Element Serial Data: control to read data from a serial or bluetooth port.
- Desktop: More helpful errors for new key format.
- Desktop: Exported media files should not create duplicates in the ExportedMedia folder.
- Desktop: Media export failures should be diagnosable.
- Desktop: Excel paste of Elements can include file paths for pasting media.
- Desktop: EDB files should be able to connect to MDB databases.
- Desktop: Copy and Paste should remove soft deleted objects.
- Desktop: Improvements and fixes to Google Earth export.
- Desktop: Column tags do not work for Alias and Text fields.
- Desktop: EDB files not parsed correctly for user name and password.
- Desktop: Exported media always go to set location.
- Desktop: New key format for Paste from Excel
- Client: Crash when using voice recorder with text entry.
- Desktop: Export to KMZ (Google Earth format) from Table
- Desktop: Id System type which can be displayed to uniquely identify sightings
- Desktop: More tags
- Desktop: Export to TSV (tab separated values)
- Desktop: Tables can show any Element property, not just Value, name and Tag
- Desktop: Export of collected media data to files via CSV and TSV
- Desktop: Occasional crash when merging.
- Desktop: Grid rendering cell mouse-over event doesn't pick the right cell.
- Client: Sound recorder confirm delete
- Client: Sound recorder required option
- Client: Sound recorder delete if too short
- Desktop: Shape export of grid will export a grid shape file
- Desktop: Option to set the size of the timer points
- Desktop: Logging for download and upload operations
- Desktop: GeoTagger sample Application
- Client: Older PDAs may crash when using the Element container control.
- Client: Improvements to sound recording based on feedback.
- Client: Sound recording.
- Client: Crash when returning from Camera control.
- Desktop: Last and current fiscal year date ranges don't work properly.
- Desktop: Export of integrated track does not respect projection for timer points.
- Desktop: Crash when setting the Graph trend series to a non-numeric field.
- Desktop: Grid render mode does not calculate grid cells properly.
- Client: More improvements to Palm.
- Client: Goto list should automatically update.
- Client: GPS Marker should use cross-hair style.
- Client: COM0 is never scanned.
- Client: Bluetooth Browser is more aggressively disabled.
- Desktop: Field map generates improperly for Road only view.
- Client: More improvements to Palm.
- Desktop: Timer track sample now generates Goto points.
- Client: Overactive timer causes crash on Palm devices.
- Client: Crash with long goto point names.
- Client: Scrollbox scrollbar does not scale properly.
- Client: Screen state not reset properly after save.
- Client: Increase the size of fonts on the GPS screens
- Client: Large tabs, large titles, large scroll bars off Application Properties
- Desktop: Virtual Earth auto-locate no longer works
- Client: Allow CyberTracker to work with older WinCE devices
- Client: Upload to local directories should work from desktop computer
- Client: Potential error if GPS fix is ready when pressing Save
- Client: GPS marker on field map obscures location
- Desktop: GPS Simulation
- Client: Goto feature
- Desktop: Fix minor problems with Features sample app
- Client: Reset of state on sync
- Client: Camera control resolution settings conflict
- Desktop: Fix a couple of crashes
- Desktop: Convert Measure line into line layer
- Client: Allow Save targets to be outside the existing path
- Desktop: FTP fix from 3.183 was lost during system migration
- Desktop: Check boxes occassionally disappear
- Desktop: Increase the size of the Map Properties dialog
- Desktop: Command line use crashes on data export
- Desktop: Manifest for Windows 7
- Desktop: Grid paths option to use active query
- Desktop: Efficiency graph: Average start/stop time are not properly calculated in some cases
- Client: Manual GPS entry
- Client: Exporting to a database sometimes has an arbitrary default date range.
- Desktop: Efficiency graph: Distance travelled may change depending on the query
- Desktop: Bracket with sightings to limit path drawing
- Desktop: Filter option for query columns
- Desktop: Improved bulk edit functionality
- Client: Entering numbers using the keypad without decimals can sometimes fail
- Desktop: Create database connection dialog
- Desktop: Efficiency graph: patrols, speed, average start and stop time
- Desktop: Frequency graph: count per distance
- Client: Delay GPS Skip button visibility
- Client: Enter GPS manually
- Client: Edge case memory corruption during Field map fixed
- Desktop: Export of timer tracks doesn't always work
- Desktop: Importing sightings that are in the deleted state in memory will override them
- Desktop: SQL Server EDB database rules now work properly
- Client: Consistent retain state on ElementList, NumberList and Keypad
- Client: Ability to reset state by key
- Client: Numerous errors on client caused by overactive memory corruption detector
- Desktop: Desktop application doesn't upgrade properly
- Client: Set desired resolution for camera images
- Client: Automatic backup to SD card
- Desktop: Data recovery console
- Client: NumberList should support for numbers larger than 500
- Client: ElementList should display partial items
- Desktop: Fixes to Grid rendering mode
- Desktop: Bulk Find and Replace fails if Element occurrence is 0 (default)
- Desktop: Set date range for all queries
- Desktop: Measure tool on map
- Desktop: Export CTX from table view
- Desktop: Properties to customize export of maps as images
- Desktop: Nautical miles added to Efficiency graph
- Desktop: Last/Current fiscal year added as relative query date range
- Desktop: Most editors now have hints below the properties
- Desktop: Bulk edit has Selection-only option
- Desktop: Bulk edit has Add for adding meta data
- Client: Support for more GMT time zones
- Desktop: Crashes while adding missing layers
- Desktop: Cancel after login leaves system in bad state
- Desktop: FTP transfer doesn't work for some kinds of URL
- Client: Potential memory corruption drawing some kinds of triangles
- Client: SnapTime should resnap when sighting is edited
- Desktop: Possible to select queries even if they are not active
- Desktop: Crash on startup accessing web services
- Client: R2 Incediary control
- Client: Element List and Number List can set global variables based on selection
- Desktop: Decimal degree Layers can overlay virtual earth
- Desktop: Potential crash when opening a Report
- Desktop: Icons not updated properly when changed
- Desktop: Slow to change queries after a column has been sorted
- Client: Text result will be cleared if no text is specified on loops
- Client: Snap Time action
- Client: Snap Gps and Snap Last Gps can output to Elements
- Desktop: Paths can be automatically split if separated by more than N minutes
- Desktop: Paste Excel filters do not properly handle duplicate names
- Desktop: Auto-fix imported data with bad Device Ids
- Desktop: Fix crash when using advanced query editor
- Desktop: Path doesn't always update properly
- Desktop: Path rendering without requiring Start and Stop Elements
- Client: Better handling of device id on the client
- Desktop: Skip badly formed device ids
- Desktop: Auto-detect screen profile for application install
- Desktop: Download data from older CyberTracker versions
- Desktop: Query grid should retail changes to sort order and column width
- Desktop: Graph view frequency report does not properly decode sightings
- Desktop: Auto-locate faults without firewall bypass
- Desktop: High-DPI fit and finish
- Desktop: Compact should use Pack, not just repair
- Desktop: Remove unneeded sample applications
- Desktop: Add new sample application: BirdKey
- Client: Fix memory leak with GPS timer screen
- Client: Lock 100 should scale according to the screen profile
- Client: Use on GPS Skip should be available from the Default Field Map
- Client: GPS Timer screen is now more customizable
- Desktop: Virtual Earth now auto-locates based on IP address
- Desktop: Crash when temp directory is on a different drive to CyberTracker system directory
- Client: Element Panel control
- Desktop: Crash while pasting filters on account of new UI components
- Desktop: Modify paste feature to allow isolation of same-named category elements
- Desktop: Change 'Moving Map' to 'Field Map' for improved clarity
- Client: Skip GPS to Moving Map sometimes crashes
- Desktop: Global Field map which applies to all applications
- Desktop: Field map creation from existing maps
- Desktop: Ability to sign CTX files with author and owner information
- Desktop: Remove ECW Creator
- Client: Center Text feature on Element List
- Client: Rework zoom image so entire image fits on screen at once
- Client: Lock 100 feature prevents zooming in below 100 %
- Client: Fix broken zoom function on moving map
- Client: Zoom in and zoom out not functioning properly
- Client: Decrease sleep on background thread to increase acquisition time
- Desktop: Map "Copy to Clipboard" doesn't always fill in Virtual Earth correctly
- Desktop: Map Export to JPG/BMP doesn't export Virtual Earth correctly
- Desktop: Add more descriptive text when database version is wrong
- Desktop: New applications have "Test time on startup" unselected by default
- Desktop: Exporting map should not show legend if only one query is active
- Desktop: Re-add "Open Sample" feature
- Client: Fix broken zoom function on moving map
- Client: Moving map should be able to handle arbitrary zoom
- Desktop: Crash when placing a Send Data control on the screen
- Desktop: Layout mode button doesn't stay down
- Desktop: Static element have duplicate Inclination
- Desktop: Re-add X86 PPC build
- Desktop: Overactive error message regarding being not properly installed
- Desktop: CyberTracker should not change the current working directory (for command-line usage reasons)
- Desktop: Change Sequences to Applications
- Desktop: Ensure CyberTracker is properly registered if ActiveSync was installed after CyberTracker
- Desktop: Only show Import dialog if some of the properties are set
- Desktop: Remove Player and Studio concept
- Desktop: Move current alias to Application Properties dialog
- Desktop: Fix crash when opening reports
- Desktop: Fix crash when changing colors on maps
- Desktop: Split Application properties over multiple tabs
- Desktop: Add icons to several menu options
- Desktop: Remove "Set Media" feature from Element mode
- Desktop: Change database directory from "My CyberTracker Databases" to "CyberTracker"
- Desktop: Change install directory to "CyberTracker3"
- Desktop: Upgrade to latest version of UI components
- Desktop: Allows more control over available features when not logged in
- Desktop: Ability to load and save CTX files
- Desktop: Ability to send CTX files via email
- Desktop: Map projections should accept latitudes and longitudes in degrees, not radians
- Client: GPS should not be on when not in use on WM5+ devices
- Client: GPS thread should not be executed at below normal priority
- Client: Date format should come from device preferences
- Client: "Disable editing" to reduce errors
- Client: Fix fault on older Palm devices
- Client: Time should be in 24 hour format
- Desktop: Fix crash with unsupported SID files
- Desktop: Fix race condition with upload directory and upload sequence locks
- Client: New control "System" data, e.g. time, battery
- Client: Navigator can have the Back button hidden via the "Show back" property
- Client: Upload data control is now iconic
- Client: Ensure GPS time always in sync
- Client: Kiosk mode not enabled after a reset
- Client: Right to left property for Element Lists and Memos
- Client: Re-calibrate GPS for TDS Nomads, so date/time/heading/speed information is sent
- Client: Wrong time zone set
- Client: Force Nomad to use NMEA, so it can get date and time
- Client: Minor cosmetic improvements for HighDPI
- Desktop: Add Geocentric datum for Israel
- Desktop: Map co-ordinates sometimes 100+ meters wrong for UTM
- Client: Keypad should not store passwords as state: leaving the screen always clears
- Client: Native Windows Mobile GPS not always selected when available
- Client: Element Formula control now has Hidden property
- Client: Element Formula control has the ability to add new screens
- Desktop: Bulk edit of sightings
- Desktop: Fix crashes associates with making certain properties lock visible, e.g. Hide links, Notebook Pages
- Desktop: Multiple copies of the same sequence on device
- Desktop: Robustness improvements to importing mechanism
- Desktop: Fix crash related to media not prepared
- Client: Kiosk mode
- Client: Add password functionality to Element Keypad control
- Client: Add maximum length to text fields
- Desktop: Export from full database query via command line
- Desktop: Add datum EUROPEAN 1950, Portugal & Spain
- Desktop: Update client if transfer settings have changed
- Desktop: File-share transfers should support username and password
- Client: HTTP and HTTPS uploads
- Desktop: Convert transfer into URL style to support more protocols
- Desktop: Create upload CAB files atomically
- Desktop: Ensure CABs are well formed before download
- Desktop: Move all Transfer features under the Transfer tab
- Desktop: Change "Lock" to "Layout"
- Desktop: Change command line FTP references to URL to support more protocols
- Desktop: Prevent duplicate sightings when "Clear on Send" is disabled
- Desktop: Fix crash when failing to update the registry during sync
- Desktop: Fix crash during reports caused by a synchronization issue
- Client: Option to bypass "Time wrong" errors
- Desktop: Refresh feature for Report mode (F5)
- Desktop: Download from file share
- Desktop: MySQL export should ensure floating point numbers have locale invariant form
- Desktop: Fix crashes caused by editors being out of sync with underlying object in rare cases
- Client: Sync PDA time with GPS time
- Client: Speed, heading, UTC date and time are displayed on the GPS screen
- Client: Extend timeout for GPS detection on PalmOS
- Client: GPS viewer screen has title bar below spacer
- Client: Auto-send every X minutes
- Desktop: Date conversion doesn't always work
- Desktop: Crash recovery
- Desktop: Always store and export floating point numbers using . as separator
- Desktop: Export to shape file of Virtual Earth should always use WGS84 datum
- Client: New timer mechanism
- Desktop: Connecting to MySQL on Linux database test
- Desktop: Improve performance of Windows Mobile sequence upload
- Desktop: Connecting to MySQL on Linux database test
- Desktop: More descriptive error message on database connection failures
- Client: Input button not being hidden correctly after editing
- Client: Display errors on Text and Keypad screens when no Result Element is specified
- Client: Fine tuning for range finder control
- Client: Reduce retry count on serial port reads
- Desktop: 3.143 may not have been a valid build
- Client: Re-added WM5 GPS support after testing on Travel Companion
- Client: Support for Trupulse 360 RangeFinder
- Client: Device threads should be set to below normal priority
- Desktop: Media2 table was sometimes being referenced as MEDIA2
- Client: Re-added WM5 GPS support after testing on Travel Companion
- Client: Partial support for Trupulse 360 RangeFinder
- Desktop: Failed to move to Outgoing folder (CT11)
- Desktop: Download should be to specified database, not Staging
- Desktop: Crash when changing columns on Element Editor
- Desktop: Crash when pasting filters
- Desktop: FTP upload and download support not working when database locked
- Desktop: Working on the command line mechanism
- Desktop: Upload on application start should be asynchronous
- Desktop: Upload sightings to FTP site on Sync
- Client: Turn of send via FTP
- Desktop: Ability to control CyberTracker from the command line
- Desktop: Download sightings from FTP site
- Desktop: FTP settings should be on Database Properties dialog
- Desktop: Passwords should be represented with the password character
- Desktop: Crash when closing CyberTracker
- Desktop: Don't scan all databases on startup
- Client: Send data should only be available if configured
- Desktop: Assertion error after modifying media
- Desktop: Media errors when connecting to external databases
- Client: Do not delete outgoing data during uninstall
- Client: GPRS support for send data
- Desktop: Connect to MySQL via external database definition files
- Desktop: XML parser leaks small amounts of memory
- Client: Upload to FTP (BETA)
- Desktop: Download data device broken on Windows Mobile
- Desktop: Feature files specified on command line not respected
- Install: Install was still broken on non Palm systems
- Install: Install was broken
- Desktop: Crash after clearing rows in some grid editors
- Desktop: Cannot copy to clipboard from query table
- Desktop: Error 103 when synchronizing a Palm on Vista
- Desktop: File association does not work if filename has a space
- Desktop: VirtualEarth race condition regarding internet access
- Desktop: XML database fields should specify encoding and handle it correctly
- Client: Element list retain only scroll state
- Desktop: Samples moved under databases
- Desktop: Icons and samples will be a separate download
- Desktop: Player and Studio versions
- Desktop: High resolution icons
- Desktop: More efficient packaging: fewer files
- Desktop: Studio and regular versions instead of Professional, Standard and Viewer
- Desktop: Improved XML handling to remove out-of-memory conditions
- Desktop: Improved media handling for performance
- Desktop: Media for sightings is now housed alongside regular media
- Desktop: Sighting table can have XmlData column for interop with other systems
- Desktop: Synchronize is now called Install
- Desktop: Crash when pasting filters
- Desktop: Remove date restriction on Virtual Earth implementation
- Desktop: Crash when adding map image after using Virtual Earth
- Desktop: Crash when exporting elements to invalid location
- Desktop: Trend graphs
- Desktop: Copy to clipboard for views
- Desktop: Crash when adding columns very quickly
3.124 (BETA): 03/21/2008
- Desktop: Disable delete on property editors
- Desktop: Occasional crash when exit while disconnecting Treeview
- Desktop: Delete key on a color editor causes crash
- Desktop: Loading database uses too much memory
- Client: Disable WM5 GPS code again
3.123 (BETA): 03/02/2008
- Client: Map control produces incorrect readings on Skip
- Client: Remove EnsureResultOnSave concept
- Client: Use RangeFinder for altitude on Configure GPS
- Client: Enable WM5 GPS code again
3.122 (BETA): 02/27/2008
- Desktop: Elements not properly updated when deleting from Elements mode
- Desktop: Crash when editing Photos Element of Camera
3.121 (BETA): 02/25/2008
- Desktop: Crash when pasting Actions
- Desktop: Data loss: special characters are lost from text
- Desktop: Tree doesn't retain scroll state after delete
- Desktop: Tree doesn't retain correct selection after drag/drop
- Desktop: Installer should not allow launch after install on Vista
3.120 (BETA): 02/16/2008
- Client: Scrollbar sometimes doesn't start at the top
- Desktop: Filter screens are slow
- Desktop: Loading large databases is slow
- Desktop: Reduce memory foot of undo buffer
- Desktop: Generalize 'Paste From Excel' feature
- Desktop: Memory leak in Virtual Earth
3.119 (BETA): 02/11/2008
- Client: Fix hang when using GPS screen
3.118 (BETA): 02/10/2008
- Client: Rename Element to Result Element where appropriate
- Client: Moving map control should be able to retain state
- Client: Temporarily disable Windows Mobile 5 GPS code
- Desktop: Crash when re-ordering tree items with keyboard and mouse together
- Desktop: Repaint issues when Element has a . in the name
- Desktop: Add button to allow removal of Sound once specified
3.117 (BETA): 01/29/2008
- Client: Follow icon does not appear on moving map on PocketPC
3.116 (BETA): 01/25/2008
- Desktop: TMP files are not properly cleaned up from Databases folder
- Desktop: Crash when editing sightings using Edit Sighting dialog
- Desktop: Grid rendering default values tweaked
3.115 (BETA): 01/13/2008
- Client: Default setting is not to block radio next
- Desktop: Next screen sometimes fails after deleting the old last screen
- Desktop: Clean Paths should reset the waypoint source
3.114 (BETA): 01/13/2008
- Desktop: Reduce the chance of failure during database compaction on save
- Desktop: Fail safe to ensure download log messages are written, even if a lock exists on the file
- Desktop: Pressing cancel on close on exit dialog after redirection allows accidental no-save exit
- Desktop: Relocate map properties to be next to the map view for easier customization
- Desktop: Improvements to Grid rendering
- Desktop: Point and path renderer colors should be the same
3.113 (BETA): 01/08/2008
- Client: Fall through to serial GPS if Windows Mobile 5 GPS is not hooked up
- Desktop: Property editor clears when changing image co-ordinates on Map View Properties
- Desktop: Crash when saving and reloading from virtualized locations on Vista
- Desktop: Manifest all CyberTracker components to understand Vista UAC
- Desktop: Improve error messages when attempting to Save or Sync samples
- Desktop: Map View Grid rendering improvements to work more correctly
3.112 (BETA): 01/06/2008
- Desktop: Fix crash when editing a number and clicking Lock during sequence editing
- Desktop: Right cliDesktop: Right click context menu should not deselect list items
- Desktop: Fix crash when adding a graph view: introduced in 3.111
- Desktop: Improve performance of Map View Properties dialog
- Desktop: Map View Desktop: Map View Properties dialog incorrectly resets the bounds even if no
- Desktop: Map View Grid rendering improvements to work more correctly
3.111 (BETA): 01/01/2008
- Client: Scale GPS bars to max SNR of 55 instead of 100
- Client: Text color not an exposed property for navigator buttons
- Client: "Element Aggregate" should be renamed "Element Formula"
- Client: Right click menu should appear on mouse-up not mouse-down
- Client: Drag and drop should not focus tree nodes
- Desktop: System folder should not be hidden
- Desktop: Time column converts to date for advanced queries
- Desktop: Editing in inspector not always reflected in table
- Desktop: Extend Virtual Earth expiration date to April 2008
- Client: Auto-next screen if no next screen available
- Client: Windows Mobile 5 and above native GPS support
- Client: New icons for Save 1 and Save 2
- Client: "Radio element" is stored as a reference to an Element, so it works in filters
- Client: Check lists store results as a check box
- Desktop: Client context menu for deleting and cut, copy and paste of controls
- Desktop: New sequence wizard should allow creating a copy of the existing one
- Desktop: Improved copy and paste for controls, elements and screens
3.110 (BETA): 11/22/2007
- Client: Breaking change: Always run Next rules before saving
- Client: Invalid GPS coordinates when using SnapGPS on the Save screen
- Desktop: Crash after closing Virtual Earth Map
- Desktop: Occasional crash when unable to open database
3.109 (BETA): 11/17/2007
- Client: Increased the minimum scrollbar thumb slightly to improve appearance
- Client: Fixed an Assert failure when navigating between screens with Auto next turned on
- Client: Changed "Time out of sync" to "Time is wrong"
- Desktop: Reworked the crash exception mechanism to provide more information on failures
- Desktop: Fixed a synchronization bug in the Virtual Earth multi-threading code
- Desktop: Changed the minimum value from 0 to -999999999 so that negative numbers can be used
- Desktop: Exporting shape files from Virtual Earth should not export as Virtual Earth projection
- Desktop: Extended Virtual Earth feature expiration date to 12/31/2007
3.108 (BETA): 10/31/2007
- Desktop: Fixed several newly reported crashes generated by the updated tools
- Desktop: Re-added ConvertCTZ to the full professional version
3.107 (BETA): 10/30/2007
- Desktop: Failure to load client.dll on many systems
3.106 (BETA): 10/29/2007
- Desktop: Rebuilt on reports of failure to load sequences
3.105 (BETA): 10/29/2007
- Desktop: Hotsync fails to start
3.104 (BETA): 10/29/2007
- Client: Improve support for negative numbers on keypad
- Client: Improve support for negative numbers on number list
- Desktop: Virtual Earth on map views
- Client: Added new number list style
- Desktop: Map rebuilds when closing: performance issue
- Desktop: Accuracy threshold doesn't filter paths correctly
- Client: Number keypad doesn't handle decimals properly
- Desktop: Crash with some map images: Assert failure in mapping software
- Client: Formulas always come out negative
- Desktop: Crash while editing categories on Element Filter
- Desktop: Map layers do not always hide/show correctly
- Desktop: Crash while handling deferred map resize message
- Desktop: Date ranges don't work properly for Last 1,2,3 days
- Desktop: Can't export shape files if column with multiple NULL fields is active
- Desktop: Performance problems with huge timer track datasets and multiple queries
- Client: Fix title bar to pick up screen title correctly and work in High DPI
- Client: Keypad buttons disappear when scale is too small
- Desktop: Deleted Elements visible in Element find mode
- Client: Add negative number support to keypad
- Client: Add one-line only property to text entry
- Client: Add required property to text entry
- Desktop: Point and Path renderers can customize timer point size and line width
- Client: Fix crash when editing notebook pages
- Desktop: Map zoom changes are incorrectly added to the undo buffer when resizing the map window
- Desktop: Map query cursors are not propertly cleared when changing queries
- Desktop: Improve query date range types
- Desktop: Map background queries can have transparency
- Desktop: Queries from non-active queries are now selectable
- Desktop: Point rendering: timer tracks are visible for all queries
- Desktop: Path rendering: timer tracks are visible for all queries
- Desktop: Fix Windows 2000 bug when creating image resources for the client
- Desktop: Crash when viewing sightings that have pictures associated with them
- Desktop: Feature file editor does not show check boxes when themes not enabled
- Desktop: Added label support for shape files on Map View
- Desktop: Map disappears when co-ordinates are inverted
- Desktop: Failure to sync if client data file has missing header
- Client: Fix broken GPS timer on devices with built-in GPS support
- Desktop: Allow less than 1.0 for GPS accuracy settings
- Desktop: Ensure Uncategorized Elements are properly visible after merges
- Client: Ensure Soft Input Panel (SIP) is not visible on Windows Mobile 5 devices
- Client: Ensure database header is validated for sighting database always available
- Client: Buffer overflow on Palm when working with strings
- Client: 2 minute and longer timer automatically turns off after 12 minutes if unattended
- Client: Undownloaded sightings can be incorrectly detected
- Client: HighDPI screens have scroll buttons that are scaled incorrectly.
- Client: Added support for global variables.
- Client: Don't add to the track database if the track timer is off or we are using a high resolution timer
- Client: Don't delete sightings if the state file is out of sync with the desktop
- Client: Added date support to the formula system for the Element Aggregate control
- Desktop: Fixed memory corruption issue when Syncing to Palm devices
- Desktop: Improved performance of Sequence Designer for screens with lots of controls
- Desktop: Removed "Plain Text" export, because it is not used often and has bugs
- Desktop: Colors in sequence could appear differently on Client
- Client: Element Calculator Control functions are now case insensitive
- Client: Element Calculator Control now has 26 variables instead of 3
- Client: Element List: number keypad now has Min and Max bounds
- Client: Scroll box: scroll bar occasionally becomes invisble
- Desktop: Fixed bug introduced in 3.082 causing all features to be enabled on Standard and Viewer
- Desktop: Fixed auto-select of the first screen when changing sequences
- Desktop: Fixed Wildlife with data sample - text sequence links broken
- Client: Element Calculator control now supports full expressing parsing
- Desktop: Fixed Crash during Element Editing in Sequence mode
- Desktop: Fixed menu option inconsistency after import with password changes
- Desktop: Remove MrSID support files for Min build
- Client: Element Calculator control for performing mathematical calculations on Element values
- Client: Element List support for a keypad popup when an Element is selected. This works with the Number List style and the "Use keypad for numbers property".
- Client: Element List and Element Keypad support single denominator fractions.
- Desktop: Sighting and Waypoint query don't work on non-US date formats (broken since
- Desktop: auto-detect help files and run locally if present
- Client: Zero should be allowed for number keypad screens
- Desktop: Minimum version for smaller download sizes
- Desktop: Synchronization should fail more cleanly if PocketPC not connected
- Desktop: Fix crash when using Undo and Tree is being edited
- Desktop: XML format should be more generic
- Desktop: Edit Sighting dialog should allow negative values for latitude and longitude
- Desktop: Should be able to edit Latitude and Longitude in the grid
- Desktop: Change toolbar buttons to fit into 800x600 resolution
- Desktop: Improvements to Samples
- Client: SnapLastGPS Action which takes the last valid GPS reading and attaches it
to a sighting
- Desktop: Improve synchronization reliability
- Desktop: Password protection system so users without a password cannot edit sequences/elements
- Desktop: Map: Cleanup tracks which deletes unused timer points
- Desktop: Import Data Only: Ability to import multiple CTX files at once
- Client: Expose scroll bar width as a changeable property on controls
- Client: Correct Navigator Jump functionality to work as expected with Radio lists
- Desktop: Expose "Outlier Speed" - should apply to all map renderers
- Desktop: Should only attempt to install PocketPC client when connection has been correctly established
- Desktop: "Accuracy threshold" for path generation and efficiency reports
- Desktop: Allow PocketPC sync to crash on hard errors instead of failing silently
- Client: Improvements to Navigator control
- Client: Sighting editing was broken
- Client: Navigator Button Controls which can have images assigned to them
- Desktop: Changing point color should change track color
- Desktop: Performance improvements to sightings and tracks
- Desktop: Improve semi-colon delimited list support
- Client: Element list sometimes leaves play and stop buttons visible
- Desktop: Using Cancel while changing map image crashes
- Desktop: Screens without assigned images prevent sync
- Desktop: Improve path detection when 2 subsequent sightings have the "Start Element"
- Client: PocketPC cannot press Enter for notes screens
- Client: Element Keypad doesn't support decimals properly
- Desktop: Semi-colon delimit selections made from check lists
- Desktop: GPS acquisition doesn't complete - triangle never shows
- Client: Restrict time that triangle shows
- Desktop: Snap GPS Action now has "Auto connect" property
- Desktop: RangeFinder Style property can be Range only
- Desktop: Importing external screen templates doesn't update treeview correctly
- Desktop: Added simple screen templates
- Desktop: Auto expand New Screen templates treeview
- Desktop: Help files should not reference "Major" and "Minor" targets
New features: None.
3.071 BETA: 08/14/2006
- Desktop: Simple path rendering used when no Join Elements specified
- Desktop: Crash when closing map view during slow calculations
- Desktop: Efficiency graph now uses the path building system for calculations and
includes outlier detection
3.070 BETA: 08/12/2006
- Desktop: Path doesn't correctly join when separated by waypoints
- Client: ElementList has a "Sorted" property which sorts the list by caption:
slow on the desktop, but fast on the device
- Desktop: ElementList "Element" editor has a "Sort" button which sorts the list alphabetically
3.069 BETA: 07/25/2006
- Client: Keypad calculator control should have buttons in same order as real calculator
- Desktop map: active query is now brought to front or render order
- Desktop map: Grid rendering now always renders grid in the same location regardless
- Desktop map: Grid export should export data unscaled
- Desktop map: Path calculations incorrectly breaks path if endpoints are more than
1 hour apart
- ElementList has a "Hide links" property which significantly speeds up the UI when
dealing with large lists of Elements when none of them need to point to a specific
- Map has a Refresh button which allows you to update it when the extents change for
- Grid rendering now has "Low effort threshold" property
- Grid rendering now has "Outlier detection speed (km/h)" property
3.068 BETA: 07/24/2006
- Desktop: Viewer toolbar is now invisible (it only had one button which was wasting
- Desktop: map points dissappear when zoomed in too much with huge map extents
- Desktop: Creating controls in "Lock" mode should work everywhere on design surface
- Desktop: Import all staged sightings on startup, not just on sync
- Desktop: Crash while adding columns
- Client: MobileMapper CE GPS does not detect properly
- Client: Changes to support Thales MobileMapper (WinCE) as well as PocketPC
- Client: Windows Start button disappears after using a sequence
- Client: Does not uninstall on WinCE
- Client: Improve the handling of "Time out of sync" errors between handheld and PC
- Client: Timer list should include 1 second timer (and remove 4 minute timer) interval
- Client: Handle old sequences left on the device properly
- Client: Changes to GPS timer are overridden by sequence properties
- Client: fast/slow GPS track timer threshold should be 1 minute, not 30 seconds
- Client: RangeFinder state should persist between exit/restart
- Client: GPS and RangeFinder should never block other UI
- Client: Improved screen load performance on slower systems
- Client: Titlebar options button should be more easily clickable
- Client: Added support for LA1KC RangeFinder message
- Desktop: support for Index of Abundance / Effort of Patrol / Cell count
- Client: Panel has a "Use screen name" property which causes it to take the name
of the current screen as its caption. This means that creating new screens is faster
because you only have to type the name of the screen and the title will match.
- Client: SnapGPS Action now has a "Required" property which allows you to make
it optional, i.e. it will take a GPS reading if available.
- Desktop: Help menu now points to FAQ and Tutorial Movies.
- Desktop: Controls are now hosted in an auto-hiding Toolbox, instead of just being
in a simple vertical toolbar. This makes them easier to see and use, because when
visible you can see the full control name. They are also
categorized into "Static controls", "Data controls" and "Actions".
- Desktop: Path rendering is now available off View Properties for the Map. Paths
allow you to control how timer tracks are used to join observations.
- Client: New Action: Configure Save Targets: this replicates the functionality of the "Ok destination" from version 2
- Client: Lists have a "Radio Element" property which allows you to have the text of a radio list selection assigned to an Element. This is useful for cases when you don't want to have to duplicate long lists of Elements to capture different fields that are identical except for context, e.g. Observer 1 Name and Observer
- Desktop: Elements mode has a new menu option called "Export Elements to Table" which allows you to save the contents of the grid to an Excel file. This is useful for copying Elements between different sequences as well as being a general way
to export Elements out of CyberTracker.
- Desktop: Export Data-only - available off the file menu, allows export of data only files which are much smaller, but don't contain sequences
- Desktop: Screen Elements edit has "Move First" and "Move Last" buttons to help with re-ordering of large lists of Elements.
- PocketPC: Multiple sequence support. The PocketPC front-end has been rewritten to
enable multiple sequences to be loaded onto a device at the same time.
- PocketPC: Task bar visibility. The new front end has an option to show/hide the
taskbar for a sequence.
- Desktop: Screen profiles are now a global setting which affect all sequences. Unfortunately
this change means that if you created any of your own profiles in the past, you
will need to recreate them. "Configure Profiles" is now available off the "Tools"
- Desktop: Screen snapshot to clipboard. There is a new option in the Sequence writer to take
a snapshot of the active screen and copy it to the Windows clipboard. This makes
it easier for document writers to cut-and-paste images into their applications.
- Code preparation for the SDK: the client side (on the PDA) will be made OpenSource
with the MPL. The way it is structured, this will allow third party developers to
create custom controls and actions that tweak the behavior of the client. We expect
this to be released in the next month.
- Desktop: When viewing data on the map, all queries are simultaneously visible. This
is now optional and off by default, i.e. by default, the map only shows the active
query. You can get the old behavior by checking the "Show all queries at once" property
in the new Render tab of the Map's View Properties.
- Desktop: Shape file Export is now available when exporting from the Map. Previously,
it was available from the Table.
3.058 BETA: 06/24/2006
- Fixed crash when re-ordering columns with active query set
- Fixed render order for shape files when map image is set
3.057 BETA: 06/20/2006
- Double values not displayed properly in Sighting history
- Text from text editors should have leading and trailing spaces removed
- Opening COM0 on some PDAs causes a hang, removed this from detection code
- Added 57600 as a baudrate for the GPS auto-detect
- Error in sequence when loops within loops are used
- Desktop: Color selector should retain custom colors
- Desktop: Auto-next sometimes confuses screen editor
- Atlanta Laser Range Finder support
- 3 new controls: "Range Finder" (for status), "Element Range Finder"
(for data) and an action "Configure Range Finder" for support of the Atlanta
serial Range Finders.
- Static Elements for range, roll,
inclination and bearing.
- "Alignment" property added to Panel and Memo controls
Text can now be aligned left, center or right in Panel and memo controls.
- "Require non-zero" property added to Element Keypad.
This will prevent a "Next" if the value has not been set to something other
- "Element Memo" now accepts Name as an attribute
- "Ensure result on save" property added to Navigator.
This prevents save if the result on the current screen is required, i.e.
will prevent save until the current screen contains valid data.
- "Retain state" for Element Number List
The Element Number List now supports "Retain state" in the same way as
Element Lists do.
3.056 BETA: 06/06/2006
- Crash when double-clicking on elements to create new columns (introduced by perf improvements in 3.053)
- Crash caused by race condition when synchronizing PocketPC at the same time as an ActiveSync was happening
- Sound support for MP3 files in addition to WAV files on PocketPC. Sound files tend to be very
large - much bigger than images. MP3 is still one of the better compression technologies around and
we now support this format on both the desktop and PocketPC. Sound is not supported on Palm.
- New view type: Graphs. We have added a new view type for graphs. So far we have Frequency and
Efficiency tabs. If you used them in version 2 and were missing them, they're back. They also support
exporting to all the usual formats (XML, XLS, TXT, HTM). Note, we don't support printing since Excel does
such a good job of this already.
3.053 BETA: 05/19/2006
- Sound should stop when leaving a screen on which sound was playing
- Left-most navigator buttons should shunt left when possible
- Palm: when using large images with Elements, element names sometimes disappeared
- Desktop: Performance problems when dealing with lists with a large number of Elements
Mid-sequence loops are now handled Whenever a loop is detected in a sequence, it is now automatically
removed and attributes that are set within the loop are preserved. For example, if a sequence goes:
A -> X -> Y -> Z -> X
then CyberTracker will preserve any attributes set in screens Y and Z and the final path will be:
A -> X (with X being the active screen)
In the past, this only worked from the start screen and only the last attributes were preserved. We are
trying out this behavior to see if it is useful.
- Home button. The Navigator control can now also show a "Home" button. The icon looks like a house.
Clicking on this button is the same as pressing the back button until that screen is reached. See the
"Show home" property. You can also enable the "Home Screen" target by checking it in "Lock Properties".
- Sound support on Radio lists You can enable a "play" button on radio lists by checking the "Show radio sound"
box on the list control. When enabled, a play button will appear next to the current selected item. This only
works for radio lists and requires that the Element's sound property be set. See also: "Show radio sound stop".
- Auto next for radio lists. You can enable "Auto next" for radio lists by checking the "Auto radio next"
property of the list control. This only works if the list is a radio list, check and number lists work the same as before.
3.052 BETA: 05/08/2006
- Failure to download Elements when synchronizing sequences with no elements
- Memory leak with screen names
- Normal shutdown sequence not always followed on client
- Wave sound support on PocketPC To access this feature you will need the Professional version. Select "Lock"
in the Sequence editor and then drop either the "Sound" or "Element Sound"
control onto a screen. Note, we currently only support PocketPC and Wave sound files.
- Palm GPS track log sometimes stops. If the Palm application is exited for any reason other than a normal close (via the titlebar on the Options dialog) AND a track timer is active, then a 60 second alarm will be set to restart CyberTracker and continue the track.
This is to handle cases where track logs are interrupted by other applications.
3.050 BETA: 05/06/2006
- SE08 error when working with reports
- Report dates not preserved when using different date formats
- Sample databases had uninitialized links which caused the skip button to occasionally show in design mode.
Force Title Bar. To access this feature, select "Sequence Properties" from the desktop Sequence editor and then check the
"Force title bar" checkbox. This makes CyberTracker a better Windows Mobile citizen by always having a titlebar
with an exit button on it. Note, if your screen has a panel at the top, then it will replace this panel and use
its text, otherwise it will use the screen name.
3.049 BETA: 04/27/2006
- Crash on DownloadCE when device cannot get a device id
- Crash when using a Title Bar control with a less than 5 character title on PocketPC
- GPS Position lost after editing a sighting
Add User Name. To access this feature, run the Professional version and do the following on the first screen:
We've had several requests for this feature for cases where you would like to be able to partition data by device name.
- Click "Lock" on the Toolbar
- Select the "Action: Add User Name" control and click on the screen
- Click "Lock" again This adds an action control to the screen which will cause the user name of the device
to be added to each sighting as an attribute.
3.047 BETA: 02/26/2006
- Cut/Copy/Paste caused crash when used from locked mode if control had been selected
- Element select should not close on double click without valid selection
- Moving map incorrectly calculates point position
- Zoom Images/Moving map buttons should not appear over the image/map
3.046 BETA: 02/07/2006
- Date/Time encoding fails if device reports > 60 for seconds (which sometimes
- Crash on Palm device when control client is scaled below 1 pixel
- GPS not detecting because EnumDevices doesn't enumerate GPS port
- Client uninstall doesn't remove all files - fails on SmartPhone
- Client taskbar sometimes becomes visible
- Message and Fault window not properly scaled on high-DPI screens
- Tutorial sequence on PocketPC should be removed: not useful
- Client uninstall errors not logged
- Message windows on Desktop can sometimes be hidden: crashes possible
- Converting geo-referenced images to ECW should preserve geo-referencing
- JPEG files not correctly recognized with Add Photo button
- Palm: no users should generate error message
- Remove shortcut keys from Sequence mode: confusing
- Sequence Properties: GPS Timer doesn't work on Palm
Camera control. If you have a Windows Mobile 5 device with a camera, we have a new
control that allows you to capture images directly.
- Windows Mobile 5 is now fully supported.
- MrSID images are now supported on both the desktop viewer and within the ECW converter
3.040 BETA: 01/13/2006
- Crash on load occasionally caused by race condition
- Crash on map use after extended time
Option off "Sequence Properties" called "Use on GPS skip". If checked (on by default),
then if you have a moving map assigned, pressing "Skip" will allow you to manually
assign the GPS position for the sighting by pinpointing it on your map.
off "Sequence Properties" called "Sighting fix count". This allows customization
of how many GPS points to take when acquiring a position. This improves accuracy
at the expense of time.
3.039 BETA: 01/08/2006
- Buttons do not invert correctly on all systems when pressed
- SnapGPS action snaps even when editing a previously stored sighting
- Manual GPS positions should not include accuracy when downloaded
- GPS position is taken even when sighting already has a fix
- State lost on save target screens when using "Retain state" feature
- ConvertCTZ did not use XP themes
- Initial directory not properly set on some editor dialogs
- Merge sometimes leaves UI mode in closed state when viewing data files
- Timer track export: file saved to the wrong directory and filename
- Crash when viewing maps without layers
- Timer tracks on maps should be ON by default
Major Target and Minor Target have been renamed to Save 1 and Save 2
- Quit button
is now in the top left corner
- Edit button is now on the inspector button bar
- Unsaved sightings is named "Unsaved" instead of 0-00:00:00
- Sightings with 2D quality fix do not include Altitude
- Sightings no longer display accuracy for manual sightings
- The Moving Map control is now viewable in the GPS Viewer dialog
- The Moving Map can be configured via a "Sequence Properties" dialog as can GPS timer
and accuracy settings
- CyberTracker includes a "Moving Map" converter for converting images in other formats
- Map control has a "Flag" option which allows manual creation of GPS position for
cases when no GPS fix is possible
3.037 BETA: 12/27/2005
- Memos: text not always scrollable to the end
- Palm: inverted colors don't always come out correctly
- Crash when holding down "Skip" button during GPS acquistion
- Palm: icons in tranparent list boxes are colored incorrectly
- GPS Off icon does not have a line through it: inconsistent with Navigator representation
- History control sometimes gets out of sync
- Navigator skip screen button ocassionally displays incorrectly in the Designer
- Data doesn't download when synchronizing to multiple computers
- Database "Save As" doesn't handle all error conditions
- Desktop application window size and position not saved between runs
- Static elements sometimes have wrong icon
- Deleting a screen doesn't always update the screen Preview window
- "Element Columns" and "Sequence Profiles" should be separate dialogs
- Export and Import directories not tracked properly
- Import of data-only CTX files should default to "Report" mode
- Import of data-only CTX files should validate Elements
- Cut/Copy/Paste focus issues in Sequence Designer
- Active Alias and Profile not tracked properly in "Test Run"
- Overactive assert in Sighting Edit dialog
- Lat/Lon precision in map view are too low
- Vector Layers should not be the default tab in Map View Edit
- Potential data loss when GPS reports high accuracy, but not a 3D fix
- Cosmetic: region icon in map layers is malformed
- CyberTracker Standard doesn't disable Sequence Design mode
File structure changed. CyberTracker originally kept a "Staging" and "Settings"
folder in a per-user application data location. These have been moved to "My Documents\My
CyberTracker Databases\System". The "System" folder is hidden, so you shouldn't
see it. This has 3 main advantages: (a) To completely remove CyberTracker, just
uninstall it and delete the "My CyberTracker Databases" folder. (b) The "Staging"
and "Backup" directories will be easier to find if anything goes wrong. (c) Backing
up "My CyberTracker Databases" will backup everything We have also created a "Maps"
folder under "My CyberTracker Databases". If a map is placed in that folder, it
will be accessible to anyone who shares your database as long as they have put the
map in their own "Maps" folder.
- New property: "Auto select index" which allows a default selection to be set on
- New property: "Retain state" which allows the state of a screen to be retained between
- New property: "Save result" which allows a screen to be used for navigation only
purposes without affecting the data in a sighting.
- Number List now has "Minimum item width", "Columns" and "Auto select index" properties
- Map View: If no image or other layers are present, then CyberTracker will use a
world map as the default. This will automatically disappear when: (a) A valid image
layer is added OR (b) One or more valid shape files are added OR (c) The projection
is changed Map views now also support ER Mapper (ECW) files.
- Timer track export. When exporting a shape file, timer tracks will also be exported.
If your export shape file name is: "My Data.shp" then the timer tracks will be exported
as "My Data_line.shp". Both files have an additional data field which specifies
the Id of the device that captured the data. This allows correlation between sightings
and timer tracks.
- New Control: Zoom Image. A new control that allows you to zoom and pan around high
resolution images that are too large to fit on the screen.
- CyberTracker Viewer. There is now a Viewer application, which is read-only for the
database. You can view sightings and modify queries, but not save or modify the
database in any way. It is available as a shortcut off the Start menu.
- Add Photo button and Photo View There is an "Add Photo" button that makes it easy
to bind sightings to images. The Photo view shows any photos in the currently selected
- New Sample database: Feature demo A simple demo sequence that runs through some
of the features of CyberTracker.
- New Action: Add Attribute: allows the adding of data to a sighting without having
to enter it on a screen. Useful for tagging sightings with meta-data.
- New Action: Configure GPS: allows configuring the GPS timer and accuracy requirements
without having to enter them on a screen. Useful when enforcing track timers and
accuracy of readings.
- New Action: Snap GPS: allows acquisition of GPS readings at specific places in a
sequence, rather than always at the end. Useful for recording sightings from a fast
moving vehicle, where you want the GPS reading to reflect the point where the observation
- New Control: Moving map. A new control allows the display of a realtime moving map
on the device. This feature works on Windows Mobile/PocketPC devices only. We have
no plans to support this on Palm. The map file must be in ECW (ERMapper) format.
There is a free image converter for these files available at
ERMapper. This control is not currently integrated
into the GPS info screen.
Differences from 3.021:
- Improved Palm performance for older devices: CyberTracker now runs acceptably fast
on devices as old as the original Handspring Visor.
- Improved support for high resolution screens: this includes line doubling and better
fonts. These options are available by setting the profile.
- Improved installation mechanism: CyberTracker no longer requires manual uninstallation.
When installing a new version, the previous version is automatically uninstalled.
- The Icon library from version 2 has been included. These icons are stored as individual
JPEG images in the Icons folder of the CyberTracker installation folder.
- More GPS device support
- Multiple improvements to UI controls including scrollbars, lists and icon history.
- Bug fixes
3.033 BETA: 09/15/2005
- Key filter system allows filtering of large lists based on attributes.
- The Wildlife sample now includes a demonstration of this new feature in the form
of a Plant key. Note, the sample doesn't work very well on older Palm devices, because
we are using high resolution color images. (Professional only until we create a
- New check box style. (Professional only until we create a template).
- New control: Element Image Grid. This control allows you to select a square on a
grid for positional purposes, e.g. I'm in block C25. Wildlife sample includes a
demonstration. (Professional only until we create a template).
- The Icon library from V2 is now included in the form of individual image files in
the "Icons" folder of your CyberTracker installation folder.
- Installation of Desktop now auto-uninstalls old version
- Installation of PocketPC client now auto-reinstalls newer versions
- Improved support for High DPI devices
3.026 BETA: 08/23/2005
- GPS Reading sometimes not taken (introduced in 3.025)
- Trimble Pathfinder GPS not always found
- Prevent crash when writing templates to existing read only files
- Improved support for High DPI devices: borders can be scaled
- Support for 8 Images and 8 text fields per Element
3.025 BETA: 08/19/2005
- Pro version: new control "Element Container" designed to hold multiple Element Memo
and Element Image controls
- Bug Fix: After Synchronize links go blank
- Bug Fix: CF GPS not recognized if inserted after CyberTracker started
- Bug Fix: GPS waits until at least 2 sentences are read from the GPS before saving
- Bug Fix: TSIP GPS device readings in wrong hemisphere
- Improved About dialog
3.024 BETA: 08/15/2005
- Descriptions of properties below the property editor when editing sequences
- Scroll bars now have up and down buttons on all controls, not just lists
- GPS dialogs now show GPS state (i.e. detecting, acquiring, fix) on each tab
- Bug fix: Crash when selecting a control when locked properties popup open
- Bug fix: GPS satellite PRNs not correctly aligned
3.022 BETA: 08/03/2005
- Queried sightings are now pre-sorted by Date/DeviceId/Time
- Optimized Palm support for older devices: performance is now comparable to version
2 when using the "Palm" profile
- Scrollbars now have up and down buttons
- The device up and down buttons on the bottom of the screen now function as "Page
up" and "Page down" for lists
- The device left and right buttons work as "Back" and "Next"
- Compact Flash GPS devices, like the "Holux GPS Ultra" are now supported
- Improved icon history list: requires any icon (32, 50, 100) to work
- BUG Fix: Insufficient precision with shape file export of numbers
- Critical bug fixes
- Support for PalmOS devices
- Support for GPS tracks (positions taken at timed intervals)
- Moving of sightings visually on the map view
History prior to 3.021 is not available.